Public Health Internships Abroad
Global Public Healthcare Projects
Participate in global public healthcare projects around the globe with GVI; internships in public health provide you with real-life experience to expand your career development. Our health internships are focused on assisting communities and contributing to their general standard of healthcare and increasing their knowledge of the best healthcare practices. The communities that we work in are often exposed to greater environmental health risks and face a higher risk of illness. Depending on the needs of each individual community, health interns typically assist communities to gain access to clean water and sanitation, and inform them on a variety of health topics related to maternal health, HIV/AIDS awareness, common illnesses, and basic nutrition.
Health Science Internships Abroad
Although our health science internships attract skilled participants, previous experience is advantageous but not essential. Our healthcare consulting internships are open to anyone with a passion to make a sustainable impact in the healthcare field, from career breakers to students on gap years to public health majors or graduates. Epidemiology undergraduates can gain valuable public health experience on this internship abroad. An added bonus for students: we offer academic credits to students, ask your Country Expert if you qualify for this. If you are looking to boost your healthcare career in the right direction with international experience, join our impactful global health internships abroad. Check out the health science internships and volunteer projects that we offer in South Africa, India, Nepal, Thailand, Mexico, and Fiji.
Gain Public Health Career Experience and Skills
On a global health internship you can gain valuable career experience and skills:
- Comprehensive staff mentorship, feedback and evaluation on an individual, self-directed project
- Hands-on field training for healthcare administration and management
- Real-world experience working with healthcare issues in developing regions of the world
- Emergency First Response (EFR) Training
- Development of collaborative leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills with our GVI Leadership Course
- A professional recommendation for future employers upon completion of the internship
- A potential work placement for qualified individuals
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR VIDEOS AND TESTIMONIALS
Hear what our health interns had to say about their GVI experience and the valuable skills they've gained while on the program.
Download our program brochures