The coastal province of Phang Nga is home to incredible islands and an abundance of natural beauty and cultural landmarks. As a hands-on member of an international team, you can get expect to get involved in a wide range of activities to assist in the conservation of the area’s coastal and marine ecosystems.
Our program allows you the chance to gain a first hand conservation experience to improve your understanding of the local conservation issues and the initiatives GVI teams are taking in response to them. Become immersed in the culture through various community initiatives to promote environmental education.
The specific details of our program are seasonal so projects will vary throughout the course of the year. Participants should be prepared to work with the turtles where possible but can expect to get involved in a range of other activities. During the dry season the program’s core focus is coastal and marine conservation whereas the rainy season projects focus more towards terrestrial conservation.
- Experience an Asian adventure in one of its most-loved countries
- Join our likeminded team of passionate participants to contribute to conservation efforts
- Increase the wild populations of the Green turtles
- Live and work and alongside our local, reputable partners
- Contribute to UN Sustainable Development Goal #14 and #15, Life Below Water and Land and Life
One of the best things about this project in Thailand is that you do things and see things that you would never see if you were travelling with friends or alone. You are completely immersed in the culture and you experience the real Thailand, as opposed to experiencing the tourist side of things.