Nine inspirational travel and volunteering quotes
For those who are driven to make the world a better place, volunteering abroad is a great way to get the most out of your travel experience.
By choosing an ethical volunteering program you can be sure you’ll be contributing to local and global sustainable efforts while fully immersing yourself in the local culture or natural environment.
We’ve compiled some of our favourite inspiring travel and volunteering quotes to explain why we find volunteer travel to be a meaningful travel experience.
Read on, get inspired, and we hope to see you soon on one of our programs!
1) “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
2) “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never tried to sleep with a mosquito around you.” – Betty Reese
3) “Travel teaches tolerance” – Professor M.S.Rao
4) “Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
5) “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
6) “Travelling makes one modest — you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
7) “Experience and travel; these are education within themselves.” – Euripides
8) “And then I realized adventure was the best way to learn.” – Author unknown
9) “Just to travel is rather boring, but to travel with a purpose is educational and exciting.” – Sargent Shriver
Ready to volunteer while you travel across the globe? Join a conservation or community development program, and make your trip count. Speak to a member of our team today.
- Cape Coast
- Cape Town
- Chiang Mai
- Community Development
- Fiji Islands
- Gap Year
- GVI Live
- Kampong Cham
- Limpopo and KZN
- Luang Prabang
- Mahe and Curieuse
- Marine Conservation
- Personal Development
- Phang Nga
- Responsible Travel
- Service Learning
- Study Abroad
- Under 18
- Wildlife Conservation
- Women's Empowerment