THE GVI WRITING ACADEMY
Grow your portfolio, improve your writing, and kickstart your freelance travel writing career by joining the newly founded GVI Writing Academy.
This four month writing internship is designed for anyone – from freshman to graduate students – who is looking to break into the online content writing scene. As a writing intern, you’ll be trained on how to become a travel writer, and will be mentored by a professional writer and editor as you grow your portfolio of published work.
The program runs over the course of four months, and interns should expect to spend roughly 2–3 hours per week honing their writing skills, and learning how to stand out in the digital space.
The first program will launch at the beginning of September 2018, and will run until the end of December 2018. Applications for the September intake close on Friday 24 August. If you have not heard back from us by Monday 27 August, you have unfortunately not made it into this round, but please don’t be deterred from applying in the future.
Keep an eye on this page for news of future enrollment dates.
Who we are looking for
- Digital nomads who are looking to balance their wanderlust with meaningful work
- Curious seekers, who are keen to explore every corner of the globe and share their travel experiences with others
- Keen researchers, who love hunting down fascinating ideas
- Bookworms, who know the experience of being sucked into fictional worlds
- Progressive thinkers, who are passionate about inspiring social change through words.
What you’ll receive
- Hands on experience in writing engaging articles on travel and international development
- Online training on how to use keywords to ensure your articles rank top on search engines
- Training in writing for brands and publications
- Publication of your articles on our website, allowing you to build an online portfolio of published content by a reputable, and highly ranked international brand
- One-on-one feedback and mentoring from our editor delivered via email
- A digital certificate of completion
- A recommendation from the editor also after completion (written testimonial or LinkedIn)
- The potential to join our team of specialized freelance writers.
What will be expected of you
- Commitment to the four month program
- To spend roughly 2–3 hours per week writing blogs and working through our training pack in your own time
- To write at least two blog posts per month for the duration of the four month program
- Edit and engage with blogs based on the editor’s feedback.
Terms and conditions
GVI reserves the exclusive right to publish all content produced by GVI writing interns for the GVI Writing Academy. This content may not be republished or resold, under any circumstances. Participants should be ready to commit to the full four months of the internship. Receipt of certificate of completion, and a professional recommendation are contingent upon participants completing the internship in full.
Download our program brochures