There is significant need for the promotion of women’s rights in Peru. On our women’s empowerment program in Peru, volunteers are introduced to the background of gender roles in this country, and will be trained to facilitate hands-on activities on a variety of topics related to improving the lives of women and girls in this community. This could include workshops or one-to-one sessions about women’s rights, healthcare, literacy and professional development.
As a volunteer working on female empowerment in Peru, you will be working with Peruvian women’s empowerment groups in Lima to create social change through awareness and education.
- Be part of a community of volunteers who share your passion to make a sustainable difference
- Receive 360 degree support from GVI’s experienced field staff
- Enjoy skill-based training and mentorship
- Improve your future career by gaining hard and soft skills
- Contribute to the quality and access of education of local women in Lima, whilst directly impacting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
I worked with GVI as a volunteer every summer from 2006 to 2012 and had the opportunity to take part in most inspiring projects where GVI is promoting community development and sustainable livelihoods. Although GVI has been involved in different projects in different continents, all of them were designed to be holistic and focus on people’s needs and resources. This integrated conception of development caught my attention from the beginning, and has taught me that education sits at the center of all efforts to enhance the resilience of fragile communities all over the world.