At home at Hlambanyathi Game Reserve
Since the GVI team started at Hlambanyathi Game Reserve in January, the initial emphasis was on the excitement of getting to know the reserve and focus animals, and the hard graft of making sure our research commitments were being met. The field work is now going pretty smoothly as the teams have got to know the reserve and some of the individual animals quite well.
Recently though, a huge amount of effort has gone into making improvements to our base: The team have been painting, building and gardening up a storm, this in between the 03h30 morning drives and afternoon drives that return around 19h00!
Ria painted this incredible leopard mural, the garden is really coming along (even though Leeu the base dog occasionally tries to undo the work!) and Beddy, once heard to whisper that DIY stands for 'Don't Involve Yourself' is making great strides with the bird hide overlooking the waterhole!
- It's exam time for the advanced students in @GVILuangPrabang as they focus intensely. t.co/QlKKQAcRZF
- Day 2 of the Construction Project in @GVISACapeTown preparing the turf! t.co/Nu5qUglISR
- The forest team in @GVIShimoni relaxing on the beach, looking for birds. t.co/O1CBrvecuR
- This butterfly is really enjoying his bowl of fresh fruit at Male Patan daycare in @GVINepal ! t.co/ua1AjkQz3J
- Check out this picture taken on night patrol by the Turtle Conservation volunteers in @gvi_mexico on World Turtle Day t.co/BM7YOAjS5Y